Monday, October 12, 2015

Hardscrabble Times…

Sir:
Do you ever give any more thought to working at writing a novel? Or pursuing some form of art that you could sell on eBay or some such place? At one time previously you had been very focused and gun-ho about such a type of pursuit. Both of these pursuits would not necessarily be hindered by occasional bouts of "unwellness", and in fact they may even flavor your work in some creative, unique ways that could make your writing or art shine uniquely. Look at Hemingway, or Faulkner, or Steinbeck, or Van Gogh. Each gentleman had his own struggles with "unwellness" and yet they created and gave masterpieces to the world. I think you could too!
All of them were also pipe smokers! That also adds to their worth too... just saying. :)
PipeTobacco

Pipe, you’re such a kind soul and a good friend to boot.  I always appreciate your comments and insight. I wrote a book called Hardscrabble Times about my grandmother’s life and family experiencing the Great Depression in a poverty stricken South a few years ago. I just have never sought out a publisher and it needs some serious spit and polish as well from a good editor. Its got that The Grapes of Wrath vibe going on. 

Remember that time I lashed out at you saying you were not who you said you are?  I wish I could take that back so much, but you didn’t abandon me.  That was a paranoia induced aspect of my mental illness. I apologize profusely. It still worries me these days and I cringe to think about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with Pipe! You should try to get that book published I would love to read it! I'm writing a story in that era also.