Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Extra Gracious Miles and Beyond…

52544f08dbfa3f0dc30040c6._w.540_h.388_s.fit_ (1)“I sliced you a whole plate of garden tomatoes tonight. They are probably the last garden tomatoes until next spring,” my father said as he walked through my front door with arms full of food. “I put salt and pepper on them so don’t add more salt.  You’re also going to love the beef stew.”

I will put the sliced tomatoes to good use making sandwiches the next few days on tasty layers of Blue Plate mayonnaise.  I knew I bought that loaf of Kroger soft white sandwich bread for a reason.  Dad also brought me half a pan of “egg bread” which I am eager to try as soon as my medications are absorbed in an hour.

My father then reminded me that my injection in the buttocks is due in the morning.  I already had some nice and clean clothes laid out on the bed in my computer room for the occasion.

“I’m one step ahead of you!” I told my father with much zest.

“I’ve got to work tomorrow so I will call you about 8am to make sure you are up and going.”

Let’s hope Dee Dee, Pat, Rebecca, and Adia at Kamath Medical can get me in and out quickly. They always go way out of their way to accommodate me and treat me with the utmost of care and respect.

Photo Credit:   http://www.thekitchn.com/tastes-like-summer-the-perfect-60463

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have the medical care you do. In CA, my nurse practioner saw me once a month at a regular 11am appt. The waiting room wait was no longer than 20 min tops. In fact they had a sign saying, "If you have been waiting longer than 30 min, let us know!" Here, I can't get psychiatric care cuz no one takes my insurance. Oh, a couple do but it's a six month wait and then my visits would be every other MONTH! The GP I see now, you wait about an hour in the outer waiting room. Once in the inner room, the wait is anywhere from 1-3 hours. Yes, average wait is 2 hours!! Then the doc runs in and you have to get to the point of your visit quick. And he has a maddening habit of ignoring your concerns. I have a rash, easily treated by a prescription cream. I took him my empty container, he took it in his hand, spoke of what a great medicine it was, typed on his computer. I thought he had it. Get to pharmacy. No cream. Pharmacy offers to fax a request to him. He ignores it. It's not like it's heroin, it's a topical cream. However, it is the 3rd time he's done it to me! I am now very sick and he has little care about it. He laughs me off. I know, I could find another doctor but, in checking around, it's the same with any doctor here. I cannot believe the health care here!!! So you are so lucky that your "appointment secretary" gets you in and out so well!