Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Quick Visit From Papa…

Maggie squealed loudly as my father’s Honda pulled up in front of my house tonight.  A broad smile formed across my face as as well as I patted Maggie on the back and said, “Hot Damn!” as we looked out the den window.  It was medication time and then soon I would retire to my warm bed for the evening after a good hour on the computer.  It had been a long day medication withdrawal wise today.  It just happens some days without explanation.  My brain chemistry is a fickle thing to contend with, and would confound even the most venerated of psychiatrists.

“Auburn is playing tonight, so I can’t stay long,” my father said excitedly to hurry up the process.

We quickly took my medications and he was gone in a split second to drive home and watch the game against Kentucky.  I realized tonight that college football is my father’s primary religion.  He’s a very staunch atheist when it concerns Christianity and most other organized religions, but he loves some Auburn football. 

Maggie was standing in the door of the kitchen like, “You all forgot about me.”  I went and put some fresh food and water in her bowls.

Kentucky vs Auburn
Live on ESPN
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, Kentucky
Auburn
Tigers
(3-2)
 
23 - 20
Live - 1:03 3Q
Kentucky
Wildcats
(4-1)
  1 2 3 4   Total
Auburn 14 9 0 -   23
Kentucky 7 3 10 -   20
All times are in Central Time

No comments: