Friday, October 30, 2015

The Early Birds Get the Earliest Worms…

pabstI woke up and sat down in front of my computer in the den – the computer on the wireless connection in the front of the house. Maggie was like “don’t go” as I got out from under our warm covers.  It was 5:58am and the temperature was hovering around 47° degrees outside – our coldest day of this fall so far. I turned up the heat in this frigid house and got on Facebook to see what happened last night.  Boy, Wendy sure was busy posting overnight. It hurts me to see her posts for some reason – that she couldn’t give me the time of day and that she is posting on all that inconsequential bullshit.

I then heard that familiar and loud crack of an opening beer can as my neighbor began another day of imbibing in John Barleycorn on the carport.  He will go get some breakfast at the Waffle House once the sun rises upon the horizon.  Dad said he was pissing off the carport with the light on last night which made me laugh and smile for some strange reason. “I guess when you’ve got to go you’ve got to go.”  Beer always would make me piss like a racehorse as well. 

Football Kickoff Time…

AU-MISS-650x342

Tomorrow is the Auburn and Ole Miss football game.  It will be interesting to see if my father brings my medication before he goes or afterwards.  The game starts at noon eastern time.  I am pretty sure that after such an early starting game, that I will not get my medications until late tomorrow night unless Charlie comes by here before Horsefly goes to the movies.  That will be around 4pm. That scenario is very probable and the one I am hoping for. 

7:35am – Just made a mad dash to my parents house for my diet Cokes sitting on the porch.  I got caught in the elementary school traffic on my way.  My Cokes were good and cold this morning, though, so they didn’t have to spend some time in the freezer. 

Photo Credit:  http://inkybeer.com/2013/08/18/pabst-blue-ribbon-tattoos-and-graffiti-art-are-everywhere/

Photo Credit #2:  http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/infographic-auburn-olemiss-preview/

No comments: