Thursday, October 15, 2015

Straight Outta El Rio Grande Comes the Chicken Fajita Express….

“How much do the steak fajitas cost?” mom asked me tonight.

“$19.99,” I replied. “The chicken fajitas are only $14.99.”

In juxtaposition, my usual burrito meal only costs $6.99.

“I’ll get you the chicken fajitas then,” mom told me. “I know you get tired of eating that same burrito meal every week.”

That was a breath of fresh air and I didn’t have to beg for it either.  I wasn’t going to get Mexican food tonight as I was so tired of the same old, same old I get every week.  I don’t see how mom and Mrs. Sandra can eat the very same things that they’ve been eating for years at this restaurant. 

ING-poblanos-pepper_sqlI wanted chilies relleños, but the last time they made it for me they used bell peppers instead of poblano chilies.  That was a travesty and a sin on all Hispanic people everywhere!

Photo Credit:  http://www.recipessquared.com/chicken-fajitas/

No comments: