Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Remember: Touch Wood…

Mira, a reader from India, would always tell me to “touch wood” about something superstitious, ominous, or hopeful.  It was the Indian version of “knock on wood” for us English folks.

81267117Touch wood is an example of a superstition: something that we do in order to have good luck. It is not based on human reason or scientific knowledge, but is connected with old ideas about magic and the supernatural.

 

 

Well, touch wood as in this computer desk, but I feel 100% better today.  I don’t want to jinx this feeling.  That panic attack had been coming on for a week and I didn’t see it coming.  I thought it was just withdrawal from my medications that was making me so miserable and feeling so out of sorts.  I feel as if the old Andrew is back today after a week of complete torment.

The pharmacy will soon close in about thirty minutes and my father and I can determine whether we will go to the grocery store tonight or tomorrow night.  I am running low on provisions having only two cans of Chef Boyardee left to eat as the only food in this house.  I would like for him to get me a meal on fast food row and let’s buy groceries tomorrow night.

Photo Credit:    http://mentalfloss.com/article/50079/why-do-we-knock-wood

No comments: