Thursday, October 22, 2015

Damage to the Ole Derrière…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Dad called me very early at 8am this morning. I think even Maggie started to moan when that phone began ringing at eight.

“You’re injection is this morning,” he gruffly said. “Do you think you can get it together enough to make it to the pharmacy in an hour?”

“I’ll meet you at the pharmacy at 9am,” I sleepily told him.

I hurriedly scoured my clothes dryer for some clean clothes to wear that weren’t terribly wrinkled.

No wonder I was struggling so these past few days.  My injection slipped up on the both of us. Dad and I had both forgotten. It was The Secretary, my mother, who ultimately remembered.  She had written it down on her family healthcare calendar and went and woke up my father about it.

Everything Pumpkin Spice and Other Things Nice…

prdLarge_121122Shopping went as planned last night – no panic attacks to send me into a tailspin.  I spent just under $80 dollars.  I got mainly Marie Callendar meals.  I love their sweet and sour chicken and rice meal. They were out of fresh raisin bread, though, so I got some Pepperidge Farm pumpkin spice swirl bread instead to eat with my newly acquired JIF peanut butter.  

My only impulse buy last night was some store brand cheese and blueberry Danishes although some Krispy Kreme doughnuts were certainly calling my name. They’re just too darn expensive.

Breakfast foods included sharp cheddar, Black Label bacon and a palette of extra large eggs.  I also got some sausage that was the Manager’s special – reduced for a quick sale. Most food companies are extremely conservative about their “buy by” dates.

Helen is in the Kitchen…

tuna-sandwichMom just called me and told me Helen is making tuna salad sandwiches for lunch. I wouldn’t miss those for the world.

“Come by at lunchtime and get some sandwiches,” my mother told me. “Helen has already got the eggs boiling.”

I am also heading down to the railroad tracks today to do some rail fanning.  Watching a few trains roll down the tracks will do this old heart some good.  

Photo Credit:  http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=745&prdID=121122

Photo Credit #2:  http://www.smartalecs.info/product/sandwiches/tuna-salad-sandwich/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is pumpkin now. Most of it reminds me of uncooked pumpkin pie filling....:(