Thursday, October 01, 2015

Let the Heavens Pour Forth…

42

Saw that online and thought that was pretty neat and novel to cook the mac and cheese inside the meat loaf ------->

It is raining very heavily here now in the Southland and it is very nice.  You can hear the rain pattering heavily on my roof and gushing off my eaves.  It is also a chilly rain for the South at 69° degrees. Enough to catch the death of you my dad’s mother would say.  My neighbor sits on his carport tonight undeterred as a large puddle of water forms under his Dodge Caravan in the same port. 

My father went by Kroger on his way home from work to buy the ingredients for Helen’s meatloaf and mac and cheese.  I will certainly look forward to that meal tomorrow.  We are also having turnip greens seasoned with vinegary hot sauce and calorific fatback which will make for a classic Southern soul food meal. 

Dad was also really, really quiet tonight and it was unnerving for this socially sensitive fellow. 

“Oh, I am just tired,” he told me apologetically with an affectionate pat on my knee. “I worked from 9am this morning to 8pm tonight. That’s almost a twelve hour day.”

The Secretary Beckons…

Mom is getting us up much more stuff to do tomorrow on our trip to Auburn.  Now we’re going to Petco for pill pockets as well as the bookstore.  She also wants onion rings from Sonic.  I am just going to get a chocolate shake I think although I do love their cheddar stuffed jalapeños, breaded and fried. 

Photo Credit:  http://damnthatlooksgood.com/meatloaf-stuffed-with-macaroni-cheese/

No comments: