Saturday, October 31, 2015

Charlie’s My Main Man!

off-label-antidepressants-1“Son?” my father asked last night. “You are going to have to come on a regular schedule to get these cokes.  It is going to drive your mother crazy. You know how she is about such things. It sets off her OCD!”

I cracked a smile and chuckled as I shyly looked at my feet.

“I’m serious!”  my father amended. “And you’ve got to take this serious as well!”

I was just over to get my sodas and mom was at the door.  Charlie had brought both her and I barbecue chicken plates from the Lion’s Club and they were delicious.

“That’s the best Chicken-Q plate I’ve ever had,” mom said.

I got my drinks and Helen to-go plates for which my mother was very pleased and told her about the prank I played on my father the other day.

“I bet your daddy was about to come over there and kill you for that,” mom said looking aghast.

I then ran into good ole Charlie.  Charlie was unloading copious amounts of bottled water out of his Caprica when I caught him at my grandmother’s former house.  Now his house. It must’ve been on sale somewhere.  Charlie can sniff out a good deal about as well as a rat does with cheese.

Medicine pills and world globe isolated on white “Charlie?” I cautiously asked. “Dad is at the ballgame.  Are you bringing my medications?”

I am dealing with some really high strung folks as far as my mother and Charlie are concerned.  I have to be careful.

“Well no,” Charlie said, looking stymied. “Do you need them?”

“Hell!” Charlie said interrupting himself. “I’ll bring them over at 3pm! Your daddy might not get home till 10pm tonight.”

That was a load off my shoulders to hear him say that. I would’ve been a miserable little wretch having to wait that long to get my meds.  Halloween would have ended early.  I was sporting a Cheshire grin as I climbed into my car – my master plan for the day was coming together.  Charlie keeps a current supply of my medications in case something happens to my father and he couldn’t get here.

Photo Credit:   http://health.howstuffworks.com/medicine/medication/10-off-label-uses-antidepressants.htm

Photo Credit #2:  http://alabamatruth.com/tag/brain/

No comments: