Wednesday, October 14, 2015

And Let the Bacon and Biscuits Flow Forth…

HormelThe first thing I did early this morning after taking my hot shower of the day was to roll out some dough and get my biscuits on a baking sheet and then in a hot 500° oven. I had made the dough last night before bed and put it in a floured and covered wooden bowl. Then I put it in the fridge.

I then got some Black Label bacon frying.  Maggie stayed underfoot the whole time. Soon the grits were bubbling and I added some sharp cheddar and stirred them often.  We were ready to eat when the eggs had finished scrambling. 

Well, the bacon was driving Maggie crazy so I gave her a small crunchy strip.  I know I am terrible dog owner, but she loves the stuff and I wanted to make her happy. Tough love just wasn’t in the cards today.  She also got some plain scrambled eggs and some cheddar cheese grits which didn’t last long on her paper plate.

Photo Credit:   http://nerdbacon.com/bacon10/

Mercy Beckons…

symptoms of UTI“Will you drive down to the pharmacy and get my prescriptions?”  my mother asked me this morning over the phone. “I just don’t feel like getting dressed and driving down there.”

“Mom, call them and tell them I am on my way so they will have the medicine ready,” I replied. “I will be over there soon.”

Mom is having a terrible time with a bladder and urinary tract infection.  She says she just feels awful.  She is running a real high temperature today.  Her doctor, Dr. Backshi, called in the medications for her. I was certainly surprised to find my father working on a Wednesday.  Dad thanked me for doing that for mom.

Photo Credit:   http://www.doctortipster.com/21295-a-urinary-tract-infection-overview.html

1 comment:

Summer said...

This happens a lot to women as they age. Tell her to drink a lot of water. My doctors prescribe cranberry capsules and vitamin C as a preventative. No cranberry juice as it has too much sugar.