Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Maggie? Bless Your Heart! Will We Ever Get You Well?

MaggieFive_thumb[1]When I quit giving Maggie people food, most of her skin problems went away promptly as you all had assured me. Her skin is in good health and her hair is no longer falling out from incessant and persistent scratching.

Now, a new ailment has popped up to confound matters.  Maggie has scratched her ear so much she has rubbed a very nasty sore on it. I didn’t catch it until yesterday. It seems she has another nasty ear infection. Will I ever get this dog well?

Last night, at the grocery store, I bought antiseptic Neosporin ointment that also included a painkiller, a bottle of bacteria demolishing hydrogen peroxide, and some Q-tips to clean Maggie’s ears.   Maggie doth protest greatly when I am doctoring on her and I have to hold her firmly between my legs to keep her from escaping. If this doesn’t work, then I am going to have to take her back out to Dr. Thomas and the small animal clinic.

1 comment:

Jen said...

be careful with the q-tips. you can do more damage than good!