Monday, October 19, 2015

I Try and I Try and I Fail. Revel in Your Health…

panic_attack“I can’t go to the grocery store tonight,” I told my father as he was driving over here. “I am having a massive panic attack at the moment.”

Dad arrived at my house and gave me my medications.  The panic attack soon started to ease as my anti-anxiety medications entered my bloodstream.  Dad stayed almost a whole hour.

“You okay?” he asked me as he got up to leave. “I love you and hate to see you in anguish.”

“Yes, thank you for staying so long,” I told him. “I needed you tonight. Those are some of the most scariest of things that have ever happened to me in life. I haven’t had one of those in over a year.”

I used to get them every few days and I was an absolutely miserable old soul.  That was when my mother was still buying all my groceries and I could barely go out of the house. Let’s pray tonight’s attack was not an ill omen of their return and just an anomalous occurrence.

Photo Credit:   http://ecurrent.fit.edu/blog/panther-voices/aaron-forensic-psychology/panic-anxiety-stigmas-reconsider/

4 comments:

Christina said...

Glad it has passed. Ive had them too. You are making great strides, don't forget that. Progess, not perfection!

amelia said...

Maybe you should see your doctor again and tell him how you've been feeling.

glittermom said...

Maybe time to get your medications reevaluated. See your doctor...

Rita said...

So glad that your medication helps you.