Saturday, October 10, 2015

Maggie Says it is Time to Rise and Shine…

Maggie let it be known that she was very hungry this morning.  She had a bowl of her kibble last night after my father had left.  I guess it didn’t fill her up. She woke me up at 6am with that mewling noise she makes meaning she was hungry again and needs more kibble.  I stumbled into the laundry room half asleep and got her a bowl of Purina One and then sleepily stumbled back to my bedroom. As all this was going on, I noticed my neighbor was already in his chair on the carport and it was still pitch black and quite chilly outside. He had his carport light on. You have to give him an A for effort.

She’s a Sweet ‘ole Gal…

I have three really cool computers at the moment – four if you count my venerable iPad.  My beloved retro gaming computer is in my computer room.  The other two are in the den and my bedroom respectively.  I play musical computers quite often preferring one computer over the others.  Well, whatever room I am in is where Maggie is going to be sleeping.  She terribly hates to be left alone in a room.

Do Things Sometimes Work Out for the Best?

11894431_486870268148353_6336533943762344759_oThe state of my dating affairs is pretty dismal at the moment to say the least.  Wendy is ignoring me on Facebook for starters because I stood her up on that date.  I guess it left a bitter taste in her mouth. I don’t blame her for being gun-shy.

The more I learn about Wendy – the more my eyebrows get carefully raised, though.  I learned yesterday through the grapevine that she doesn’t have custody of her youngest daughter who is in foster care and she also had a terrible methamphetamine addiction a few years ago.  It makes me wonder what she would think about the life I lived 10 years ago?  I’m am most definitely no saint and not much of one to judge, but is does make you take pause for a few moments there.  Judge not lest ye be judged I keep telling myself. Everybody deserves a second chance. 

5 comments:

Summer said...

When you say that you stood her up, did you mean that you never showed up at Sonic?

Andrew said...

No, I called and canceled our date and she took it very personally.

Rita said...

Don't some things just work out for the best in the long run? I have learned that when I want something to happen and sometimes work to try to get them to happen, I should have let fate take care of it. I am getting more and more to a phase where something that would have bothered me in the past is just as easy to let go of now, including people and relationships. It would be nice to have someone to date and to be friends with, but it also could take you down a wrong path.

Summer said...

Oh whew! I'm glad you called her.

Unknown said...

addicts don't date addicts, my friend. i've been to tx twice...that's what they say.