Monday, January 04, 2016

As the Cold World Turns...

"We need to check your pipes under the house and see if they are well insulated.  It is supposed to get down to 26°F tonight," my father told me.

"I spent several days last year installing pipe insulation," I replied to my father.

"I still want to look at them," my father told me.

I hate it when my father treats me as if I am retarded, incapacitated, or something.

Southern humans tend to be hapless creatures when faced with weather conditions such as these.

It is 42°F outside right now and it doesn't look like I will be getting out and about until grocery buying tonight. That's going to be one cold drive to Kroger tonight before my car begins to warm up..

image credit:  http://www.globalindustrial.com/

Grocery Day...


I hope my father does my shopping again this week as I had a windfall of food last week.  I didn't have to do any rationing like I usually do as the next weekend approaches.  I also hope that Helen returns after having almost a month off.  I could use one of her Soul Food meals this Friday.

One frozen Asian meal dad put in my cart last week was called, "Bourbon Chicken". I know. The irony doesn't escape me either. It was delicious and I hope to buy several more tonight.  I am also going to get some kind of dairy based coffee creamer and some coffee as well.

Sobs Uncontrollably...

One of the hardest things I have to do after the holidays is to take down my Christmas Tree. I get so attached to them. I safely stored all  my lights and glass ornaments.  The garland went into a drawer in my computer room. I dragged it out to the road where the city's cleanup crew will haul it away.

No comments: