Friday, January 01, 2016

Let's Go Looking Throughout Andrew's Past...

I feel so good tonight.  This is two nights in a row without withdrawal from my crazy meds.  I am happy and I am very content.  Most of the evening was spent building another computer with spare parts I had lying around my computer room. We are going to be a four computer household.

Historically, this is a very dangerous situation to be in as far as I am concerned.  I will think I am mental illness free -- that it is conquered just like the common cold.  In brash bravado, I will quit taking my medications and get ill again. I have been notoriously noncompliant about my crazy meds over the years due to this reason. That's is one of the major reasons my father stops by here every night to administer my medications.  He says I am like Jekyll and Hyde when I quit taking my meds. It is a vicious cycle fraught with many Catch-22s.

image credit:  http://gunsandgarbage.com/buttons/

1 comment:

Summer said...

It's the same way with my RA meds. I get it under control and I think I'm disease free and I get slack about taking my medications. Then all hell breaks lose.