Sunday, January 31, 2016

Pre Sup Musings...


"Let's get Wendy's tonight," my mother said to me sitting on my parent's back deck this afternoon.

She said it with this Gidget-like gusto and chirpiness that made me smile.

"Get me the #2 combo w/cheese and a large Coke," I told my father who was sitting beside me.

"A double?" my father scoffed.

"I'll take the #1 combo regular sized," my mother, The Secretary, happily exclaimed.

"Why don't you two get KFC anymore?" dad asked. "That was so much more simple."

"I don't see how you've been able to eat it this long," I replied with a blech!

"Next week we will get Captain D's," mom told my father.

I expected my father to balk as it is very expensive for all of us to eat there.  He seemed happy with the idea.

The Church Bus to Heaven...

I left my parent's house and headed downtown.  We still have two bridges out causing my course from my parent's house to mine to be rather convoluted.  There was this biggest Church of Christ bus sitting in the parking lot below Fred's Super Dollar. I called my father on my cell phone.

"Y'all better get down here and catch this bus to heaven," I told him. "It is the biggest church bus I have ever seen and it is filling up fast."

Dad burst out laughing with my mother asking him what was so funny.

image credit:  http://www.wjer.com/Contests/Wendys-What-Year-Was-It

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You can only eat so much KFC....variety is the spice of life! 🍔🍟