Friday, January 22, 2016

Dear Gaia -- Oh Mother Earth...

Well, it doesn't look like we will get any snow. The National Weather Service has a winter weather advisory out for the county above us (Roanoke). We only have a wind advisory here in Chambers. Oh well, maybe next time and the weather guessers can be wrong as well. This is a very potent storm getting underway and will cross central Alabama this afternoon and head up the East Coast.

Tinkering the Tinkerer Says...

I've once again spent all morning putting together a new computer from parts I had lying around in my computer room. It is all sprawled out across my kitchen counter and I will stuff everything in a spare computer case when I get things working correctly and Windows 7 installed.  It has an Asus Z97 Deluxe motherboard, Core i5 processor at 3.6 Ghz, 12 GB of ram, and an old Nvidia 8800 GT video card that seems to be working perfectly fine.  I had trouble getting the memory to play nice, but I finally got things working correctly.  It is 2400 Mhz memory, but I had to downclock it to 1899 Mhz to get it to work.

Freds? Say it Ain't So...

I ran by Fred's this morning on my way to get my diet Cokes to get some canned mixed nuts and hard candy.  Fred's manager needs to seriously consider keeping two cashiers open at all times.  The line was once again backed up with only one register open.  I grumbled but waited for my turn. This has happened numerous times to me lately.  I almost winked at McGruff, but she would have given me the evil eye.

My trip out this morning culminated with a walk up to the Piggly Wiggly.  I almost expected to see George or some of the gang.  I got a six pack of Vienna sausages and headed home.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Do you know what has happened to George since he got out of jail.. Obviously he's not around or I think he would try to get in contact with you...

glittermom said...

I sometimes wonder what ever happened to Rosa and Ferret too...the old gang....I imagine no good has come to any of them....