Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Inevitable Happened...


Charlie arrived this morning bearing wonderful breakfast gifts. I was sound asleep and Maggie let me know Charlie was here before he even knocked. I scrambled to get to the front door. I slept in my blue jeans and a t-shirt just to be ready for Charlie this morning.

My favorite thing this morning to eat was the two sausage biscuits he put in my bag. The giant Coke was a close second. Gurgle, Snort, Slurp. I ate my breakfast and got on the computer to check what's going on in the world. Not much. Snowmageddon 2016 is over and the cleanup is underway.  All we got was a few flakes of snow and some flurries overnight.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door.  I knew it was someone familiar to my Maggie and I as she didn't bark. It was my neighbor from next door.

"My car battery is dead. Do you have any jumper cables and can you jump me off?" he asked me very nervously.

He has an extremely strong New England accent. I can't quite put a finger on it. His age is deceptive as well as he colors his hair.

I had told dad just last night that this was going to happen. He will get in his car, crank it, and let it run until it gets warm, and then will cut if off and go back inside. He will do this over and over for hours. It drained his battery with him not giving it enough time to charge in between each crank of the engine.

"Put your van in neutral and I will push it out of the carport," I told him.

We had to get his car to where I could pull up beside it. Soon, we had him underway again.

"Take your van for a long drive to charge your battery," I told my neighbor as I clamored to get in out of the cold.

image credit:  http://www.ask.com/vehicles/okay-jump-start-car-rain-e4efbc3bdd3a5bef

No comments: