Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Positively Positive...

I talked my father into giving me today's 6mg dosages of Klonopin this morning.  It took a lot of cajoling, begging, and manipulation.

"I really don't want all this happening on my day off," he told me brusquely, but I was very persistent.

"Now, if I come over to your house and you are drunk from saving them up, then I am taking them away and not giving them to you anymore," he told me sternly. "We'll go back to the way we've done things for years."

Ah, the feel good police in action.  He likes to see me take them so he knows I am not abusing them. He doesn't want me to take 12 at a time from saving the previous day's dosages up. My father always has to be in control.

"That would defeat the whole purpose of giving them to me," I told my father with a scoff. "I just can't deal with the withdrawal.  You're going to have to just trust me."

I took this morning's 2mg dose as prescribed after breakfast.  It certainly did make me drowsy and I went back to bed for one more hour.  The true test of my mettle will be very late this afternoon when I take my nighttime dosage.  Let's pray this solves my withdrawal problems. It will also go a long way towards winning more of my father's trust if we go a few weeks without any incidents.

image credit:  https://www.medicationforyou.com/klonopin/

The Break of the Fast...

Maggie and I had a slam-bang breakfast this morning.  I scrambled some cheese eggs and we had those White Lily frozen biscuits easily cooked in my toaster oven.  I also fried some sausage which took forever to cook seeing that I like my sausage very well done.  I like it crispy around the edges.

Now we come to the International Foods dairy creamer for my coffee that I bought.  I just saw Hershey's on the package and bought some.  I was hoping we would have that whole mocha thing going on for us, but it had a strange taste.  I carefully looked at the package and it also had a caramel flavor added.   I am not a big fan of caramel and was disappointed. That explained the weird taste. You won't find me with my hand in the cookie jar as far as Werther's Originals are concerned.

image credit:  https://www.pinterest.com/recipes/international-delight-hersheys-chocolate-caramel-coffee-creamer/

4 comments:

Christina said...

Klonopin can lead to physical and psychological dependence. When someone suddenly stops taking the medication or decreases it significantly after dependence has developed they may experience withdrawal effects. These include:

A lack of self-worth
Loss of self-confidence in the individual’s ability to make positive changes in their life
Agitation
Insomnia
Seizures
Shaking
Muscle cramps
Vomiting
Sweating

Because of these symptoms, people who are dependent on Klonopin should be weaned off it with the help of detox personnel to decrease the likelihood or experiencing potentially life threatening withdrawal symptoms.

You're addicted, Jonathon. It will only get worse.

glittermom said...

Christina he's not withdrawing the meds, just adjusting when he takes them...give it a week as your system adjusts to see if this is what works for you..it might take a while to get on an even keel..

glittermom said...

P.S. I love the Werthers! And also Kraft caramels...

diana said...

The half life of Klonopin is 30 to 40 hours, would be unusual to have withdrawls as it stays in your system for 30 to 40 hours.