Thursday, January 07, 2016

Got That Cagey Feeling...

My neighbor's new routine is to crank his car and back up the driveway and then drive back down into the carport.  He will do this several  times and then will go back inside.  The other day he was sitting in his car and listening to music which surprised me. It was rockabilly music.  I think he feels as if the walls are collapsing around him when he is sitting inside (purely conjecture).  He's gone now to the Waffle House for breakfast.  I think I know this because he was parked there last week when I drove to get my injection early one morning.

"Your neighbor's sitting in his car with it running," dad said last night as we were performing the medication ritual.

We were being nosey.

"Oh, he does that all the time," I told my father as if it were right as rain. "I keep expecting his battery to run dead at any moment the way he keeps cranking it and turning it off."

It is a new car -- a newer model Dodge Caravan.

He still doesn't have any blinds or curtains in his house and you can see him sitting in a reclining chair in his den watching the big screen television Rent-a-Center delivered.

One Early Morning Last Winter...

I wish it were last winter. Maggie was not ready to get up this morning.  I was up at 6:00am ready to start my day. It was cold last night and Maggie was being a cover hog so I decided to turn on the heat and just get up.  I started to cook some cheese toast in the toaster oven and soon Maggie came dragging herself into the kitchen and collapsed on the floor not to miss any of the proceedings. The smell of that melting and browning cheddar had started to permeate throughout the house.

image credit:  http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Dodge_Grand-Caravan/2010/photos-exterior/

3 comments:

glittermom said...

I guess we're all a little crazy....at least he doesn't bother anyone...

Andrew said...

That's Charlie's favorite saying, that we are all a little bit crazy in own special way.

glittermom said...

We all have our idiosyncrasies, it's what makes us unique..