Friday, January 29, 2016

Weep Not For Helen Is Here...

Mom let the cat out of the bag when I called her last hour. Hot dog!

"Helen is cooking your favorite meal," my mother told me. "We are having creamed potatoes, meatloaf, and macaroni and cheese."

I told my mother to call me as soon as Helen had prepared my plate. Helen always puts an extra heaping portion of mac and cheese on my plate as she knows I adore it so much. My stomach is grumbling something fierce at the moment. It is going to be a long wait until 3 pm when Helen usually finishes cooking. I can hear her say now, "Hope you enjoy it, baby."

"Yes Ma'am. I certainly will," I would reply. "Thank you!"

My father will not eat leftovers.  He only eats freshly cooked meals.  That means the leftovers come and live with me.  I should have three supper plates to eat this weekend.  I couldn't come at a more opportune time as I wasn't very thrifty with my eating habits and food consumption this week.

A grand meal from Helen's past.

No comments: