Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Getting the Kinks Out...

So. I wake up this morning at 9:45 am. It was a chilly 67° degrees in my house so I set my heat on 76° and the house is just now starting to get warm.  I was dying for an ice cold glass of water so I went and poured me one out of the fridge.

I then walked back into my bedroom and pushed the power button of my coveted and cherished bedroom computer and nothing happens. This has been my preferred computer lately as my bedroom is so warm compared to the den where the juggernaut computer lies in front of a big, drafty window.  I've been having problems for days with this bedroom computer.

Today, I get a BIOS error code 55 which means the memory is not installed or is installed incorrectly. Sure thing, one of my memory sticks was not firmly seated in its socket.  I hear the familiar loud "click" as I push it in tightly and the computer boots up fine. Home-brew computer building is not for the faint of heart I tell ya.

My next project for the day is installing my Nvidia Geforce 260 GTX video card in this computer which I originally thought was the problem. Right now, I am using the integrated graphics on my processor which is lacking in processing prowess.  I will just feel better with that 260 GTX card installed in this computer. *installed!*

About an Hour Later, The Wee Little Ones Are Hungry...

Maggie was standing at the bedroom door making little mewling noises and being very needy.

"What's wrong girl?" I asked worriedly after a vigorous back scratch.

She continued to nuzzle my thigh.

I had gotten so carried away with computer stuff this morning that I had forgotten breakfast. I hadn't even started my coffee for the day.  I quickly fixed Maggie two eggs in the microwave and forewent breakfast for myself. I've got some chicken parmigiana in the microwave for lunch. We're going to be having sandwiches and Ruffles potato chips.

No comments: