Monday, January 11, 2016

We Came -- We Saw -- We Shopped...


The damage to my disability account was a heart-stopping $84 dollars tonight (hyperbole).  It was father sanctioned, though, as Helen is out again another week.

"Get you enough groceries to last a full week," he said worriedly.

I took his words to heart...

"I think we lost Helen," dad then said as we walked across the parking lot to Kroger. "You won't have her meals again for another week."

I felt crestfallen.  I sure am going to deeply miss Helen and her Friday Soul Food meals.  She worked for mom and dad 11 years dad said tonight.  She wasn't just a maid and cook -- she was just like a part of the family and treated me just like she would treat one of her own kids.

Grab a Cart and Go!

Grocery night was basically lots of breakfast foods -- two packs of black label bacon, spicy hot sausage, eggs galore, and all that jazz. I couldn't find a coffee creamer without any extra extraneous junk in it so I settled on a large container of International Delight hazelnut creamer for $3.99.  Not my favorite, but I will drink it. I would really like some Southern style toasted pecan dairy creamer. That sounds delicious.  Any International Delight or Coffeemate executives reading?

They were out of regular whole milk so I had to settle with a mucho expensive $3.99 carton of organic sweet milk. I usually get two gallons of nonorganic whole milk when I shop.  I could only afford one carton tonight. This milk better knock my socks off for that price.

Baby, I am like a Record and you Turn Me Round and Round...

I also got all the fixins for spaghetti and meat sauce.  I keep experimenting with different ingredients hoping to find the Holy Grail of spaghetti meat sauces. I am going to let the sauce simmer for hours tomorrow afternoon.

image credit:  https://www.internationaldelight.com/
image credit:  http://www.nairaland.com/1381406/paper-egg-tray-making-machine

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Ever try almond milk? Suppose to be very good...