Friday, January 15, 2016

Espionage, Johnny Otis Style...

"Let's see where he eats or goes," dad said when I pointed out that my neighbor passed us in his Dodge Caravan.

"Dad," I said aghast -- my anxiety reeling. "He's going to know we're following him."

We were on my way to get my injection at Kamath Medical.  My neighbor pulled into the Waffle House just off the interstate.

"I told you," I replied to my father with a smile. "I knew that's where he eats."

He eats breakfast and lunch there every day and sometimes dinner as well.  I can picture him eating the double pork chop dinner with hashbrowns.

Well, I got my injection.  I called it the "injection express" as Rebecca was waiting on me to arrive and called me directly back to an examining room.  She was so very apologetic about what happened yesterday.  She thought it was her fault and even offered to pay for the $260 injection out of her pocket. I assuaged her worries when I told her dad was sending it back as defective for a store credit.

When I got back in dad's car, he was ready with my other medications as well.

"Now, we are going to get us a big ass drink at Circle K," He told me as I held my medications which were in a Ziploc bag. "I learned about these cheap 69¢ drinks from you."

As we pulled back up in front of my house my father said, "Helen is back and she is cooking supper today."

I was very pleased and surprised to have her back. The day was turning out very promising. I thought Helen had quit much to my dismay.

In about an hour, I expect to be up to snuff and back into my usual routines.  I badly need to wash clothes as well -- a task I just haven't felt like doing. 

No comments: