Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A Breakfast Fit for a Princess...

I had my coffee all ready to go this morning.  All I had to do was press the on button.  Several minutes later my coffee maker was beeping and I poured myself a strong mug of Maxwell House with a healthy dollop of coffee creamer and sweetener. The smell of that coffee was just intoxicating.  I relished that first mug as I leaned up against my kitchen counter. I then poured myself another mug and got to cooking breakfast.  I can only drink about 2 or 3 mugs ever mindful of caffeine and its proclivity to cause anxiety attacks in me.

Maggie and I had cheese eggs this morning along with buttered toast and grits.  Maggie was underfoot the whole time I was trying to cook.  I think Maggie likes grits more than I do. When it was her time, I set Maggie's paper plate of food on the floor and she goes to town.  Maggie eats like it is going to be her last meal or that I will take it away. She lives literally true to her ancestors and wolfed her breakfast down and then she will want some of mine as well -- always the opportunist.

image credit:  http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/811591/great-grits-recipes

What is Your School of Thought?

Do you shut your computer down every night before bed?  I have found the sleep option on my computers to be traditionally unreliable.  Often, I would awaken at night and my computer would have awakened as well roused out of its sleep by a myriad of things. Usually, it is the network adapter that is the culprit. You have to turn off "wake on lan" for the unruly adapter.

Some computer technicians say there is a strong surge or spike of power every time to turn on your computer and it is hard on the components.  They say you should leave your computer running all the time.

My theory?  Computer components have a finite life span and shutting down your computer every night increases usefulness and length of that span. The last thing I do before turning off the lights at night is to turn off all of my computers. Not to mention the electricity saved by doing so every evening.

image credit:  http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/computer-technician-4769.html

No comments: