Thursday, January 14, 2016

There is a Heart in there Somewhere...

I didn't think my father would come by tonight after work since he gave me my medications this morning when the pharmacy opened.  Well, he came pulling up in front of my house to Maggie's elation. Maggie started barking in eager earnestness.

"I just wanted to check on you and let's do Maggie's ritual," he said after a hug at the front door.

I smiled wholeheartedly and thanked my father profusely for his arrival. I got Maggie's water while my father got her food.  Maggie, ever eager, stood to the side wagging her tail.

"Can I have an extra Risperdal if I start getting withdrawal?" I asked my father knowing he had some in his car.

"I don't think we better do that," he told me. "You should have some residual Risperdal from your last shot left."

It was so good to see him.  You see?  I am very scared right now -- afraid of terrible withdrawal symptoms.  I call them mind terrors. I am also afraid of being alone. This is often a time my anxiety attacks start as well when I run out of my medications -- namely my main antipsychotic.

I go tomorrow about 11 pm to get my injection.  My father is picking me up and taking me to Kamath Medical after we swing by the pharmacy and pick up the shot. I am glad he is coming.  I am going to need his help to get all this done.

No comments: