Monday, January 25, 2016

Pole Position...

I think I pissed off Papa this morning.  I drove to my parent's house to get my Cokes and he was sitting in front of his computer paying bills in my sister's bedroom.  Helen was in the kitchen mopping the kitchen floor. I've had problems with my mind racing this morning.

"Can we go ahead and take my medications?" I asked very timidly.

He frowned, perturbed, and asked, "This early? You've been doing so well lately I hate to mess up our schedule."

I apologized and then turned around to leave.

"Wait!" he said. "We will go get them out of my car. Get you something to drink out of the fridge."

We sat in my warm car until my father decided we had waited long enough for the medications to start to take effect. He brusquely told me goodbye and I headed home. His last task was to put my proof of insurance in my car's glovebox.

Before leaving, I walked back up the back steps to get my sodas and Helen was at the door being nosey.

"Baby? What's wrong?" she asked me sensing some was amiss.

"I think I pissed dad off by asking for my medications early," I told her.

"It's going to be alright," she told me encouragingly. "You should be able to take your medication when you want to."

On the ride home, I got pulled over by the police right in front of the police station.  I nervously waited until the officer walked up to my car.

"Sir?" he asked at my open car window. "Did you know you almost have a flat tire?"

I sighed with relief that it was something that simple.  I walked around the car and it was certainly very low.  I headed to the Circle K to fill up the tire and then headed home.  The officer was extremely nice and helpful. He even offered to follow me over to the K to make sure I made it.

image credit:  http://www.toyotaofnaperville.com/blog/things-that-will-get-you-pulled-over/

No comments: