Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Dynamic Duo Arrive...



Well, they, the Dynamic Duo, surprised me and showed up at 7 pm.  Maggie and I were both beyond joy and were both beside ourselves.  Maggie put on a grand show for my father and Charlie.  She loves them so.  We had a time trying to get her to calm down and stop barking from elation.

"You did want the grilled chicken sandwich from Burger King?" Charlie asked me. "That's what your mother told me."

"Yes sir!" I said as he put four Coca-Colas in fast food cups atop my entertainment center.

"Line them up, Bartender!" I said with a goodhearted laugh.

I noticed two cups were from the Colonel and that would be Horsefly's and Charlie's drinks. They both don't drink soda.  If Horsefly drinks a soda, then he will certainly barf and blow chunks and usually it will be in the backseat of Charlie's car.

In other news...

Charlie chuckled at my bartender remark and then went to find a clean kitchen so he performed Maggie's ritual -- giving her fresh food and water.

"I don't have anything to do tonight!" Charlie said stymied as he walked back into my den carrying a couple bags of trash from my trashcans.

That immensely pleased my father.  The state of my whole living environs did.  He remarked on how clean my house smelled.  The state of my parent's house never gets below spotless. I have a high bar to hurdle when it comes to keeping my house cleaned to my father's standards.

Dad then got on the couch and we performed the medication ritual -- an important step in tonight's visit.  They will thankfully take effect at 8 pm this evening.

image credit:  http://www.burgerking.co.za/menu/tendergrill-chicken
image credit:  http://www.ebay.com/gds/Tumbler-Buying-Guide-/10000000177634677/g.html

3 comments:

glittermom said...

So how do you rate the grilled chicken sandwich? Looks delicious...

Andrew said...

Glittermom, I give it a seven out of ten. It needed more "special sauce" and then it would have been really good. It was tasty, though.

glittermom said...

I'll give it a try...