Saturday, January 23, 2016

Breezy Like Maggie in a Gaseous State....

Dad is cooking bobby burgers out of Nadine Knowles' cookbook (she was a cooking icon around here in the 60s and 70s) and french fries tonight. You would better know bobby burgers as Manwich burgers or sloppy joes. I put the idea in his head a few weeks ago when I was cooking them and complaining about Manwich being too sweet. I want tart and tangy -- almost like a Southern style barbecue sauce.  He is bringing me a plate as soon as him and my mother eat and he cleans up the kitchen.  I can't wait! I am hungry for a home cooked meal!  I will also get my medications which are much needed tonight.  My brain feels over dense -- nothing terrible, but I would like the relaxing feeling they imbue as they calm my misfiring synapses.

This morning I got up at around 9 am and was just ravishingly hungry.  I had slept well all night. Maggie and I had homemade sausage biscuits with the sausage taking as long to cook as ever.  I was back in the bed at 10:30 am unable to face the world this morning.  Maggie got back in the bed with me and we slept until 3:30 pm.

The weather is absolutely deplorable here for someone from the South. There is a very brisk and gusty wind with the temperature hovering around freezing. I expect the winds to die down after darkfall, though. I drove over earlier to get my Cokes and, as always, my car didn't get warm until I arrived at my parent's house.  I left it running as I ran up the steps to get my Sodas and the Beefaroni dad set outside for me.  I knocked on the door and visited for awhile.  Dad was sauteeing an onion in butter as we stood in the kitchen.

Charlie will be here in the morning with breakfast from McDonald's.  I called him earlier today and he said he was seeing and feeling fine after his cataract surgery.  Maggie will make sure I don't miss him in the morning if I am still asleep.

The computer I built yesterday continues to run without a hitch.  It has ran continuously since yesterday.  I've now got Windows 10 installed. Now, I've got to get all those motherboards, processors, and wires stuffed inside a spare computer case.  That part isn't fun -- it is tedious. I've got big fingers and all those little screws in the confines of a computer case drive me crazy.

image credit:  http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dishes/McCormick-Sloppy-Joes

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Can we get the recipe? My mom made sloppy joes before there was such a thing as manwich..but I don't know that recipe either...