Saturday, January 09, 2016

Soldiering Through the Quagmire...


I really don't want to talk very much about the psychiatrist/father situation.  I really shouldn't write about it all as I catch so much flak when I do.  I knew very well that when I got out of homelessness with my father's help then I would have to give up certain rights and civil liberties to do so. There was a price to pay. It was his way or the highway to put it bluntly.

My doctor and my father spent more time talking football yesterday than attending to my needs. Dr. Edwards did ask me if I wanted to try something different for the attention deficit and I said no while my father shook his head no as well.  We don't have to come back until July so that made my father happy.

Did anyone notice on my Thursday blog post that I had written about having one of the better days with my mental illness than I've had in a very long time? Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative needs to be my motto for this blog. I have to keep in mind that all of you just care for me or you wouldn't read the blog or write a comment for that matter.

Here comes my Auschwitz Mantra. I am so blessed beyond measure to have what I have.  I can put up with my father's idiosyncrasies to keep a roof over my head and a car in the driveway.

In other news, my two steak biscuits Friday morning were heavenly.  The only bad thing about eating two steak biscuits and drinking a gigantic Coke is when combined with my father's driving it can make me carsick.  My sister-in-law can't ride in a car with my father driving for this very same reason.

Last night, dad arrived for the medication ritual.  We took my medications and then fed and watered Maggie.

"You hungry?" my father asked me and I shook my head yes. "Let's go get you something good to eat."

My father has been very altruistic lately and it has me intrigued.  He has been taking a page out of Charlie's handbook. Charlie always brings me something to eat and drink when he resides over the medication ritual. My father said he would bring me something to eat tonight as well. We drove down to Wendy's and I got a double w/cheese and a large Coke. I think I am the only person on Giai's green earth that doesn't like french fries.

image credit:  http://quotesgram.com/accentuate-quotes/
image credit:  http://www.vancouverburgers.com/wendys-double-cheese-burger/

7 comments:

Christina said...

Jonathon.....we aren't giving you "flak", we are giving your our feedback, HONEST feedback and opinion. Why? Because we are the only people you have chosen to bring into you life in an intimate way. You may perceive it as flak because you know you choose not to do anything about it and you may feel embarrassed or whatever.

Friends give it to you straight, they don't just play "yes" people. You tend to misconstrue your arrangement with your father in thinking that because he saved you from homelessness, you must be submissive to him in every area of your life. If that's what works for you, then cool. But don't expect those of us who care about you to agree.

Christina said...

I have decided I will no longer comment here any longer. But before I sign off, I'd like to answer your question: Yes, I read your entry about having a good mental health day. Right after you took more Klonopin. It's always a good day when the feel good police have delivered you the drugs.

One good day doesn't make all the other important issues invisible.

Always wishing you well.

Summer said...

Well like I said. It's none of my business. No, we aren't giving you flak, we are just concerned. And yes! I did read your post about having a good day and I hope you have more than less. BTW...I am not enamored with French fries. I like the burger much more as long as there are pickles involved. Have a good evening. I just finished taking down my Christmas decorations. Ugh. I will miss the soft light that they gave off.

glittermom said...

Agree...

glittermom said...

Summer you can put a sting of lights in a glass bowl or vase and have lights all year...I have a glass bowl of blue lights and Its lovely.

Summer said...

Thank you Glittermom. I'll try that.

Summer said...

Where is the biscuit fairy?