Thursday, January 28, 2016

What's a Wee Prick Among Friends...

I signed it at Kamath Medical and got ready to wait this morning.  Dr. Bacshi was seeing patients and the lobby was just full of people.  I had just started to warm my seat cushion when my nurse, Rebecca, stepped into the lobby and called me back.  I was so relieved. I have little patience for these kinds of things these days.

Rebecca and I talk mostly of her kids.  I've learned through trial and error that a person's family makes for great small talk. I just sit and listen as she revels me in her two daughters' latest antics.

"Are you done?!" I asked Rebecca when she told me to pull my pants back up. "I didn't even feel it."

"It's my special touch," Rebecca said beaming with pride.

Sweet Dee Dee already had my next appointment set up when I walked into the reception area.

"Dee Dee, you are awesome," I told her. "Totally awesome."

If a black lady could blush, then Dee Dee would have been doing so at that moment.

"All of you are awesome," I said as I turned to Pat as well as she sat in front of her computer. "I will see you all in two more weeks."

Well, now I have a new lease on sanity for another few weeks. My treasured feeling of euphoria never arrived.  I am now very drowsy but determined to stay awake so I will sleep tonight.

"That was quick!" my father said behind the pharmacy counter.

"They take good care of me at Kamath Medical," I replied.

No comments: