Monday, January 18, 2016

Pop Goes the Weasel...


"What are you doing?" I asked my father over the phone this morning.

"I am in Lagrange at the Honda dealership with your mother's car," he said. "Her airbag light keeps coming on and they have a recall on it."

"Mom thinks it is going to pop out any moment while she is driving," I said with a chuckle. "Causing an accident!"

"You know your mother well," my father replied with a laugh. "What do you need, Chuck?"

"I just wanted to tell you I love you and thanks for all you do for me," I told him. "I really don't need anything."

"Well, thank you so much!" dad exclaimed. "It is so nice for you to give me a call like that."

"Well, I do,  I probably wouldn't still be around if it wasn't for you and your diligence for keeping me on the straight and narrow," I said.

"We'll get you some good groceries tonight and get you fixed up for a week. You can get your two Mountain Dews you so love," he said. "I love you more than anything in the world."

I thanked him, told him I loved him, and then told him goodbye. You could tell he was sitting in a lobby full of people and couldn't really talk much.

image credit:  http://m4des.deviantart.com/art/Every-Day-Is-Mother-s-And-Father-s-Day-292013806

No comments: