Thursday, January 07, 2016

The Secretary's Got An Appointment...

I called mom last hour to put my six Diet Cokes out on the porch.  I have to say I have been enjoying getting them again.  I just wish I could learn to not drink them all in two hours, though. I am so obsessive/compulsive. That's one reason I quit drinking them in the first place.  I was trying to moderate things in my life.

"Normal people don't drink six Cokes in two hours," my father told me the other night. "Just like they don't drink a whole pot of strong and caffeinated coffee in a few hours as well."

"I am fixing to go get a permanent," my mother then told me. "I will put your Cokes out before I leave."

"Just what is a permanent?" I asked The Secretary.

"Your hair is supposed to hold its shape much longer," The Secretary told me.

"But it's not permanent!" I said laughing with a good-hearted jab at my mother.

Mom nervously laughed back stymied not knowing what to say.  Dad likes how I call them "Big Hair" days.  It will make him laugh when I say that tonight.  Mom knows she looks pretty and has lots of machismo and self-confidence.  She can also be very outspoken as well causing my father to raise his eyebrows.

The bridge on Cherry Drive is still completely washed out from our Christmas Eve deluge leaving only two main avenues of travel to my parent's house.  One is through my old childhood neighborhood (which is way out of the way) and the other is by the police station.  I've noticed the drive past the police station is making me buckle up for a change.  I also go the 25 mph speed limit.

image credit:  http://passion-hair.co.uk/hair/permanent-waves-and-straightening/

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Why don't you have your mother put out only 3 cokes each day?