Monday, January 11, 2016

Please Pass the Biscuit Basket...

It's that wholesome time of the week again where I ruminate on what I am getting grocery wise tonight on grocery day.  Don't the weeks just seem to fly by?  I know I am getting 6 packs of chocolate pudding. That is set in stone as I am smitten with the stuff.

It is also going to be a breakfast-centric shopping trip. I want enough breakfast foods to where I can eat breakfast for supper some days as well. Dad will probably give me a good hearted ribbing for how many eggs Maggie and I eat every week. I will probably buy 4 or 5 dozen jumbo eggs tonight.

I am in search of a really good and sweet dairy based coffee creamer without any strange stuff like hazelnuts, the kitchen sink, vanilla, or caramel added.  "Just cream and sugar, Ma'am!" It is probably going to be the Coffeemate brand most likely if my memory serves me well from last weeks visit to Kroger.

I am also keen on getting more bananas, peanut butter, and raisin bread.  The three together make a delectable sandwich treat. My father taught me this from his own experiences when he helped me shop a few weeks ago.

I've got to find a new sweet food to fixate upon.  I am tired of the two boxes of strawberry Pop-Tarts which I have eaten for many weeks now.  I will probably visit the deli and see what cookies or pastries they have for sale. Some oatmeal and raisin cookies would be nice.  I would love a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but I would probably eat them all up in two days leaving my sweet tooth to linger sweet-less until the next shopping trip (if I play by the rules).

image credit:  https://midstatemills.wordpress.com/category/southern-biscuit-day/

3 comments:

amelia said...

Why don't you just buy 18% cream for your coffee?

hawkhammer said...

Try baking something sweet. How bad could it be?

Summer said...

Buy half and half. Some friends of mine like sugar and cream in their coffee and then sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top.