Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Thanks To You...

"You look so good lately," my father told me tonight. "Your skin and eyes look so healthy. Sobriety is treating you well."

My father doesn't give idle praise by any means. Dad said when I was drinking I looked like death warmed over with black bags under my eyes. I certainly felt like it as well.

"I've had two really awesome days free of mental illness symptoms," I told my father. "And I couldn't have done it without you."

"You played your part in it as well," my father replied. "It takes two to tango."

We completed the medication ritual and moved on to Maggie's ritual. Maggie looked on at the procedure approvingly all the while wagging her tail.

Whatever bug I was trying to catch yesterday was gone this morning when I woke.  I thought I was going to catch a cold for a moment there. I am the world's biggest baby when it comes to having a cold or the flu.

image credit:  http://dmv-defenders.com/duisobriety-checkpoints/

No comments: