Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Ultimate Worry Wart...

Welcome to Hell!
Have you ever worried over something that it made you sick?  I started to get that way tonight until I took a moment to calm down and gather my wits.  I had even begun to cry earlier -- tears streaming down my cheeks.  I was just so worried and didn't want to be in pain and anguish which I feared was coming.

"You are not going to die from this feeling," I told myself sitting in front of the computer in the bedroom as the butterflies fluttered in my stomach.  "You will live to see another day."

I began to calm down.

"It could be a hundred times worse!" I exclaimed to myself as Maggie looked up to see who I was talking to as I evoked my often used Auschwitz Mantra.

She is on the floor biting at her imaginary cooties. All is well in her little world.  She knows when I am upset, though, as she will stay in whatever room I am in a few feet away from me.

"This too shall pass," I said as I echoed an often used saying in Alcoholics Anonymous.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I feel much, much better after that little conversation with myself.

image credit:  http://whistlinginthewind.org/2012/05/05/a-visit-to-the-gates-of-hell/

3 comments:

Beth said...

You are right...you are not going to die from feeling this way. Good for you that you aren't heading for the six-pack of beer to stop the anxiety. And yes, this too shall pass. It always does. Hang in there.

diana said...

January 27 is International Holocaust Day
http://allpoetry.com/poem/5587411-Civilizations-Decline-by-Stonecreek
I hope you feel better

Anonymous said...

My Auschwitz Mantra is a bit more modern. Actually, there are two. I do not want to "end up living under a bridge", nor do I want to "wake up in Jackson County", recently changed to include my mate, I do not want to wake up "under a boat in Jackson County" (eluding to his CA days when he lived on the beach and slept under boats in drydock) The Jackson County reference can be any county/state near by but not the one you live in. That is more of a drinking warning tho. Say you drank a few beers and "woke up in Georgia" for instance.

As for Diane's comment. Thank you! Schools are teaching around it. Neo-Nazi's say it never happened. And history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself.