Monday, January 18, 2016

Hello Uncle Ben...

Well, I hit the $71 dollar mark tonight. Dad was pleased and patted me on my back. We got Paige. Our absolute favorite cashier.  I remarked to dad that Paige is the kind of employee you want working in your store if you are an employer. She could make a stodgiest old curmudgeon smile by the time he went through her checkout line and make him think he got a bargain as well. She sure is a charmer.

I've probably written about Paige before.  She is so admirable.  She works as a clerk at the county courthouse during the day and is a cashier at Kroger every night.  All of this just so she can send her son to college.

"I noticed you had a list this week," dad told me as we hurriedly walked to our cars after shopping. "That was smart!"

"I always forget something and it gets old," I replied. "The Secretary hooked me up with some paper and pens."

Dad laughed.

"I am sure the Secretary approves!" dad told me. "She makes me out a list every Wednesday for our grocery shopping."

Duh!  After all of that being said and done, I forgot to write down whole milk on my list and forgot it.  I realized it when I got home and unloaded my groceries.  I will run over to the Piggly Wiggly in the morning and buy a gallon or two when I get up and going. I bought frosted flakes cereal and now I don't have any milk to eat them with.  I got the store brand cereal in the big bag and it was almost half the cost of Kellogg's.

I've found this new 90-second microwave rice by Uncle Ben's and it is just delicious.  I bought four packs of the butter and garlic variety even though it is kind of pricey. You tend to pay for convenience.  Just walk into any convenience store and find out for yourself. $1.75 for a king sized Reese's cups? Sheesh!

We didn't go nutrageous with hazelnuts tonight and I just got the standard Kroger sweetened coffee creamer. (cheapskate)

I also got several Bertolli chicken parmigiana meals which are just delicious with real white meat chicken and three servings per container.  I also bought some sesame seed hoagie rolls so we are going to have chicken parmigiana sandwiches this week. We are also going to have hamburgers and steak fries one night this week as well.

image credit: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Uncle-Ben-8217-s-Butter-Garlic-Ready-Rice-8.8-oz/10420915

No comments: