Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Okay Folks! This One is About to be in the Books!

"Why is Maggie whining so much tonight?" my father asked alarmed during the medication ritual, "I have never heard her whine like that. I hope she is not in pain."

"It is raining heavily and she has to pee really badly," I told my father with a chuckle. "Believe me. I've lived with her for seven years."

Dad laughed and said he was relieved.

Maggie finally ran outside after my father had left and did her business. It is raining cats and dogs here tonight and Maggie was soaked to the bone.  I got a large towel out of the bathroom and helped in her efforts to get herself dry. She hates to be wet. She still got on the couch and tried to get dry with the cushions, though. I just turned a blind eye and let her do her thing. My couch now has that inviting wet dog smell that entices visitors to come and sit down and enjoy themselves.

"You sound good tonight, Chuck," my father had said earlier.

"I've had one of my better days in years with regards to my mental illness," I told him. "I cycle like mom and will struggle some weeks whereas other weeks are great. Don't you wish all of my days could be so good?"

Dad agreed.

"Well, Chuck, I am going to head home and get in my pajamas watch some TV. I am tuckered out. The pharmacy was bonkers today and I filled over 300 prescriptions."

No comments: