Saturday, January 16, 2016

Not Entertaining Silly Stuff...

Laura continues to call me every night and I refuse to answer.  She will let my home phone ring a dozen times before giving up.  I don't particularly like talking on the phone anyway. I care about her, but I am very leery of her at the same time.

Today she opened a new Facebook account and asked me to befriend her. I am reluctant to do so. I don't want to be her next free lunch.  Dad and I both agreed that she bounces around from one guy or the other until they get tired of her mooching on them.  I know that sounds callous, but the truth hurts as has often happened to me in life and online life as well.

I was going to throw all caution to the wind and continue our relationship where we left off, but I had an astute change of mind and heart. I wish her the best, but I am just not her guy.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

It's nice to have a friend you can enjoy time with but if they are taking advantage of your kindness then it's not really a friend..

Unknown said...

Dude she calls me too. Nuts. Mark