Monday, January 04, 2016

In France, They Kiss On Mainstreet...

A little language and writing help is needed -- inquiring minds want to know.   When you write french fries is the F in french capitalized?  How about Vienna sausages?  Should the V in Vienna be lower case?  I tend to lean towards both of them being lower case when used as food items.

Bright Aspiring Young Shopper...

Every time I go to the grocery store, I forget something, and it is usually something important and pertinent to what I am cooking.  I made a point when I was at my parent's house this afternoon to get some pens and paper. The Secretary was happy to depart from some of her paper and pens for such a noble secretarial task. Now, I have no excuse if I forget anything unless I just forget to write it down.

4 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

You would write "french fries" lower case and "Vienna sausage" with a capital letter. If they were called "France fries" then the capital would be necessary because it is a place like Vienna.

The Monet painting you show is the exact one my wife and I have as our own favorite! We selected it off our wedding image and even have a wedding photo o ourselves in that pose because it looked damn near identical to us when we were married long ago!

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

Off in the above should ha e read as "as"

Gin said...

I hope you have better luck with your pens and paper than I do. I can't read my own writing, particularly my grocery list.

Summer said...

It is Renoir's Dance at Bougival.