Friday, January 22, 2016

Well, I Tried...

I called my father a moment ago.

"What do you think about the weather?" I asked him.

"It's not going to do anything," my father replied. "But the temperature is supposed to drop below freezing by nightfall."

"Do you want to go ahead and take my medications?" I asked extremely hopefully. "That way you will miss that cold drive."

"Let's stay on schedule, Chuck," he said. "I won't be that late tonight. I appreciate the offer, though."

Well, I tried. I was hoping to drive over and get that little detail of my daily life taken care of early.

"Your mother wants to talk to you," dad said as he handed his cellphone to my mother.

"What did you think of that grilled chicken sandwich last Sunday?" mom asked me.

"It wasn't too hot, was it?" I replied.

"We'll get the regular Burger King chicken sandwich this Sunday," my mother told me.

I smiled and told my mother goodnight.

image credit:  http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=87263&start=120



No comments: