Thursday, January 07, 2016

Steak Biscuit Bound...




These Country Fried Steak Biscuits Are Kickass Delicious.
Swoons!!!

So, Papa arrives tonight to great fanfare given by Maggie.  All the neighborhood dogs erupt in barking as well which makes my father and I smile.  "Barf! Barf!" dad was loudly and playfully vocalizing as he walked across my yard to the door from the car. Maggie was standing behind my screened door barking back ever louder.

"How has you day been, Chuck?" he asked me tonight as he doled out my crazy meds.

"I've had one of my best days in recent memory," I replied. "I wish I could bottle these days and save them for days that I feel less than stellar."

Dad patted me on the knee as we sat on my couch -- the television drawing him in like a moth to a flame. One of those programs which I call social conditioning was on in which some people also call the news or mainstream media. I really don't really know why I had the TV on in the first place.

"Oh, psychiatrist visit in the morning," my father then said abruptly as he remembered this detail. "What are you going to tell the doctor about that Strattera?"

"I am just going to say it was giving me terrible insomnia and I couldn't take it," I replied to my father as he was coaching me on what to say.

"We are striving for a six month next appointment like usual.We'll get us two steak biscuits each at Hardee's when we head back home," dad told me. "I want my senior coffee as well."

I think each steak biscuit has like a 1000 calories so with two biscuits you get your daily recommended value of calories! lol  But they are ohhh, so good!

image credit:  http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Who-Makes-The-Best-Biscuit-Sandwiches-m719793-p2.aspx

10 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Was that really what you felt about the medication? It seemed you initially thought it was helpful. Or, is that simply what your father wants you to say?

PipeTobacco

Andrew said...

No Pipe. It is what my father wants me to say.

Andrew said...

Pipe, I have a lot of trouble attention wise reading books and watching TV. I was hoping to find a medication that helped with this. My father's fears were that the Strattera would exacerbate my mental illness symptoms being a stimulant.

Christina said...

So, you're going to lie to your doctor to make your dad happy? Isn't your doctor in charge of your mental health?

How will this ever make you healthier?

amelia said...

I and everyone else who reads your blog is pretty sure that your dad is playing God and thinks he knows more than the doctor.
Time to take charge of your own health.

glittermom said...

You need to see your doctor alone not with your father by your side! It's what makes your fathers life easier that matters to him ,reason why your mother is so heavily medicated....

glittermom said...

My we ladies are full of advice and opinions....that's what we moms do best....and if your like most kids you use your own judgement and do what you want...

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

If you felt the medication was helping you, that is really what you should tell your doctor. He or she is the one with the training to help you find the correct mix of medications to help you have the best, most productive, happiest life you can have from a wellness perspective. It does not seem fair or appropriate for you to have to be coaxed or cajoled into saying things to your doctor that you do not feel are truly representing your experience.

PipeTobacco

Summer said...

I am a firm believer in minding my own business, but, I do agree with all of the above. How did the visit go?

Unknown said...

You weren't on the strattera long enough to know if it would help or not, all drugs have side effects that are elevated after 2 to 4 weeks of continuous use. As for "exacerbate my mental illness" strattera is the only non-stimulant approved for the treatment of ADHD in adults. I would think your father would be more concerned with the Klonopin as it is a highly addictive benzodiazepine. (my wife is a doctor)