Friday, January 22, 2016

SNOW!

Dad just called me on his cellphone as he drove home from my house and the medication ritual.

"It's snowing!" he exclaimed. "Look out the window."

It was a light snow, but snow was certainly falling. Something you only see every 4 or 5 years this far south. Dad and I both share a keen interest and love for the weather and the vagaries contained therein.

Dad had imbibed in just a little too much white wine tonight and wanted me to be his DJ.  We played quite a few songs as he sat on the couch and tapped his toe to the floor. He stayed longer tonight that he ever has.

"Play that Iris DeMent song I love so much," he then said. "I dedicate that song to you!"

It is a song mainly about agnosticism.  He had heard it on National Public Radio.

My father also brought me a very big supper plate -- a plate that was right up my alley.  He had cooked scrambled eggs, sliced cheddar, bacon, sausage, crispy potato patties, and homemade biscuits. Breakfast for supper rocks! I had just cooked some penne pasta with Italian sausage in a marinara sauce.  That went in the fridge for tomorrow or later tonight.

image credit:  http://www.sodahead.com/fun/do-you-ever-eat-breakfast-for-dinner/question-4112207/


1 comment:

Gin said...

We had 12" of the white stuff by dark last night. It's still snowing, but I can't tell how much we have now. The city declared a state of emergency because it was coming down so hard and fast that the plows couldn't keep up. I live on a cul de sac, so we're not high priority for plowing. The street got a quick once-through late yesterday afternoon, but that's long been filled in by new and drifting snow. We have power and plenty of food. No need to be getting out. Please believe me, snow is highly over rated.