Saturday, January 02, 2016

Requiem For a Risperdal...

My father was very, very late tonight.  He came pulling up in front of my house at about 10.15pm.

"Come on and get out of the cold," I said as I hurried him along.

He had a sack of a Whopper, fries and an extra large Coke.  Dad is going to beat Charlie at his own game. Mom also made sure he brought my six Sodas for the day.

I had resisted the urge to call him on his cell phone.  He gets aggravated when I do that as if I am hurrying him up.

Maggie whined for an hour fearing he wasn't coming.  She knows our routines so very well.

"Your medication costs last year totaled over $16,000," my father told me as he sat down on my couch.  "I know you didn't like Bush, but he did push Medicare Part D through Congress."

I felt dumbfounded. That is a shitload of money. The brevity of it all was starting to soak in.

"Before Part D came into effect, the pharmacy was subsidizing all those costs," my father then told me. "Each Risperdal Consta injection costs $260 dollars."

image credit:  http://www.parkinsonsresource.org/education/how-to-pick-the-right-medicare-part-d-plan-for-you/

No comments: