Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What? An Impostor?

"You don't look like Johnny Otis," I said to Charlie as I opened the front door followed by an icy cold blast of air.

Maggie went bonkers that it was Charlie. She was rearing up and vying for his affections all the while barking like crazy.

"Your father has gone to the Auburn basketball game," Charlie replied as he entered my door. "I am taking care of you tonight."

It is always great when Charlie does the medication ritual.  He brought another grilled chicken sandwich from Burger King and a giant Coke with no ice. Maggie is going to get the french fries.

"Come on," Charlie said. "Let's give Maggie her food and water."

Maggie was hungry for her dog food tonight and began eating it as soon as Charlie set her bowl on the floor.  Most of the time she turns up her nose and looks for heartier and tastier fare from me.

Maggie was so delighted to have beta dog with us tonight.  Maggie, being the alpha female, sat on the couch as Charlie rubbed and petted her.  She looked as prim as a princess. She is the princess of Maratouse and Mauritania as you may very well know. A moniker bestowed upon her by my father.

Charlie told me he is having some cataracts removed in the morning so you all be thinking of him.

No comments: