Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Papa Was Bearing Gifts Tonight...

"You got it!" I exclaimed excitedly to my father as he walked into my house tonight carrying a small box.

I was speaking of a new gas cap for my Honda.  I left my other one on the roof of my car after that homeless guy accosted me the other night and it got me flustered and forgetful. I drove off and lost it making my escape from that situation. Now, my check engine light will go off if that gas cap is on and the fuel system is pressurized.  Dad and I took my medications and we walked out to my car to screw it on.  It fit perfectly.  I cranked the car and my check engine light went out in just a moment.

"Awesome!" I decreed and gave Papa a big man hug.

It is pretty rare for my father to coordinate such a thing. Usually, I would have to go with him to Autozone and order the correct cap.  He took it upon himself to take care of this little detail my car needed.  I wrote on an index card "2001 Honda CR-V EX" and he took care of the rest of it.



We then walked inside to perform Maggie's ritual.  She had been acting down in the dumps all day, but she certainly instantly perked up at the arrival of my father. It made me feel better. I worry about her. I know she gets bored with me sitting in front of a computer all day.  I keep saying that I am going to start walking her to the convenience store with me once again like we used to do.  I need the exercise as well and I could enjoy my favorite beverage on the walk home.

Maggie was very hungry tonight having to smell the beef lo mein I was warming in the microwave before bed.  It smelled heavenly in the kitchen.  She greedily ate her nibbles after I brought her bowl into the den with me. She wanted another bowl so I obliged.

image credit:  http://www.ebay.com/bhp/honda-civic-gas-cap

No comments: