Monday, January 25, 2016

The $69 Dollar Man...

Well, I managed to get out of Kroger with spending only $69 dollars this time. Dad is always amazed at how much food I can get for so little money. What I buy intrigues him as well. I am always throwing him a curveball.

The grocery store was very, very busy tonight.  I jockeyed for position as I went down the needed aisles to get what I wanted.

"Excuse me!" I said to one stagnant looking lady as I reached for my pudding.

Dad always says I am a man on a mission with regards to my grocery shopping. I certainly take it seriously.

I saw Jermaine in the bread aisle but avoided him tonight. He would've asked me tons of questions about my shopping and what was in my cart. Jermaine says I shop like I am rich. Jermaine just doesn't know how to shop.

I came to the milk aisle and there was no milk except for four of those little $1.99 bottles of Promised Land sweet milk and a smattering of skim milk. Damn snow alert! I had two big bags of frosted flakes in my cart.  I grabbed some half and half -- enough to eat my frosted flakes with and then headed on to the next objective. How it will taste will be interesting to see. It will certainly be rich and creamy.

Paige checked us out which dad and I both agreed was a good thing. We all chattered away as she rung up all my items with a smile.

"I am so sorry about the milk situation," she said solemnly. "When they mention snow in the forecast, milk is the first thing to go."

"We have a shitty Kroger," dad said to me as we walked across the parking lot to our cars. ."They are always out of something you need and they never have fresh bread. How can you run out of milk of every kind? Piss poor management."

image credit:  http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-kroger-half-i245232

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I use half and half in my coffee...isn't it a little rich to drink like milk?

Andrew said...

Yeah, it is Glittermom, but it was all they had. I just had a bowl of frosted flakes and they were delicious!