Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I Concede Defeat...

Okay, I will admit it -- admit that this hazelnut coffee creamer is downright delicious.  I poo'ed poo'ed it before recently.  I was feeling cold tonight and didn't want to turn up the thermostat as it is getting close to bed.  I fixed a pot of coffee and that immediately warmed me up.

I love this coffeemaker and how it will beep really loudly when it is done.  It will also beep twice in warning and turn itself off in two hours.  Nice!  It has a nylon mesh filter so I never have to fool with k-cups or coffee filters.

I am drinking Maxwell House this week.  The large container should keep me in coffee for several weeks seeing that I only drink two or three mugs at a time. Something about the "good to the last drop" marketing ploy appeals to me.

image credit:  http://www.groceries-express.com/WebPages/4127102568%20International%20Delight.html

The Spaghetti Express...

I have to be the one to say it, that my spaghetti turned out well this week.  It just needs some more basil, bay leaves, and oregano.  I would also like to incorporate garlic as well. I think Hunt's makes a Italian tomato paste with all these ingredients.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I often use one of the canned spaghetti sauces as the base for my sauce, but always add extra garlic and Italian seasoning/basil/oregano/etc. to jazz it up. You might check the dollar store for inexpensive spices and buy a few to keep for your sauce. Walmart also usually has inexpensive options. They're gonna be more at Kroger.

glittermom said...

I use prego as the base as I like it best,then add sause,paste,garlic and spices...