Monday, February 01, 2016

Charlie in Charge...


Don't you wish they actually looked like that?

Charles in charge brought my medications and Wendy's combo meal last night.  My father had to meet my sister halfway to Alex City to return the grandkids as they had been with him all day.

"Check and make sure you got the double," Charlie told me of my Wendy's order juxtaposed to my mother's order.

A double it was...

I was just ravishingly starving.  You can really tell it was almost grocery day.  Maggie and I had my last two eggs this morning.  I had to wait one hour before eating, though, to let my medications soak in with no accidents.  It seemed like the longest hour of my life and I sat at my computer listening to music to pass the time.  I am under the delusion that this helps their efficacy as well. It certainly is a sudden punch or onslaught of medications at almost exactly an hour after I take them.

Tonight's grocery night and I am out of almost everything.  I started a list this morning of all the things I needed.  It is going to be a tall order.  I've already warned my father that we might overspend on the phone.  Boy, was he talking a mile a minute today.  I could barely get off the phone.  He loves to talk about the quirky and odd stuff my mother and I do due to our mental illnesses.


Panic Personified...

Mom called me last night with a terrible panic attack before Charlie could bring her meal.

"Do you think it would hurt to take an extra Xanax or two?" mom asked me to let her off the hook.

"I would," I replied being a bad and terrible influence. "I would take three or four more of them."

Panic attacks are nasty, evil things that I've seemed to inherited from my mother as well.

"Do you want me to come and sit with you awhile?" I offered to my mother. 

I called her several more times making sure she was okay.  I had one about a week or two ago and mom was very attentive about it.  Dad even offered to come get me and to go get a soda and it was already 11 pm. Gosh, those things are awful and I can really sympathize with my mother. I think my father now realizes that we are not crying wolf when we have them as they often arrive at the most inopportune times. 

No comments: