Monday, February 22, 2016

Complicated Grocery Run Tonight...


My windshield wipers are broken once again and it is raining cats and dogs here. Pittsville. A heavy frost the other morning got them. I will have to ride with my father and he will help load and unload my groceries. The time is just crawling by and I wish it would fly by. I need to find something fun to do and pronto.

I am not cooking dinner this week. It is going to be a strictly frozen meal and breakfast foods week (well, I guess breakfast foods entail cooking, but you know what I mean). My main goal is to get more of that wonderful milk chocolate pudding now that Kroger is carrying the larger jumbo 6ct. size. I am making a list right now trying to remember everything I need. I am also hooked on those big bags of Kroger frosted flakes for 3 dollars and some change. When I get home and get everything put away, I want a mound of scrambled eggs, a big bowl of cheesy grits, and buttered biscuits with strawberry preserves. I also want cheese on wheat crackers and cream cheese and chives crackers tonight.

Do you ever just get the funks? I've had the funks since last night. If my life wasn't so regimented, I would call Laura and ask her out to eat. I would be spontaneous and do something fun. The grindery must grind on. Groceries have to be gotten at 9 pm Monday night.

You know what bores me to tears lately? Facebook. I just got on for the first time in a week hoping to pass the time and it was the same old, same old. People posting the same old inspirational quotes and recipes. I don't want to pray for the 100 sick children in a row. Do you want to help the family? Don't pray! Pay their medical bills! Facebook is also so full of misinformation.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

We pull our wiper blades away from the windshield at night so they aren't touching the windshield...so they don't get frozen there.